I love the magazine The Simple Things. Not just because of the ‘can-do’ recipes. Not also because of the gorgeous photography. Not because of the must-have household accessories. It’s the simple things. Literally. I love reading about the writers’ simple things. In the first two issues, ‘things’ have included a cat purring, crunchy leaves, list-making and new socks. In the interest of getting to know my new readers, I thought I’d share ten of my favourite things. Look out for future entries where I will post more under ‘Getting to know you’. I hope you’ll do the same!
1. Starting the weekend with warm almond croissants with raspberry jam
2. Waking up on a Monday morning and realising it’s a Bank Holiday
3. The silky smooth feeling from a new razor
4. Seeing St Michael’s Mount on the way to Penzance when I haven’t been back for a while
5. The ‘pop’ when opening a new jar of jam
6. Getting post that isn’t a bill
7. When the lights dim in the cinema before a film starts
8. The smell of summer rain
9. Someone else making me a cup of tea
10. Flicking through a new magazine
What are some of your simple things?