So, at the weekend, the lovely Things I Hate… Some I Like nominated me for The Liebster Award. It turns out this means I get to write a post about this recognition, in aid of helping people discover more awesome blogs. Cheers chica!
There are some rules…
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are the ten questions…
1: If you could be any historical figure who would you be?
I’ve been a feminist from a young age and, as a child, I spent most Saturdays at the Football Club with my dad. Whenever I would fight back at a derogatory joke about women, my dad’s friend would call me Emmeline Pankhurst. I took it as a compliment and still think she was pretty frickin’ awesome!
2: Who would play you in a movie?
I’m totally kidding myself when I say this but Zooey Deschanel. Of course, I’m a few years younger, so I should pick someone closer to my age but still quirky and feisty… Kat Dennings it is!
3: Which do you prefer The Jetsons or The Flintstones?
Oh my gosh! Um… I watched them both when I was younger. We were all over Cartoon Network in my house. I’m gonna have to go with The Flintstones though.
4: What’s your favourite book?
Eek! If you follow my aliljoy book club, you’ll know that I don’t have a current favourite. I have favourite writers (Jodi Picoult, Dennis Lehane, Jane Austen, Sophie Kinsella, Cecilia Ahern) but not a favourite title. At a push I’ll say Emma.
5: What’s your favourite smell?
Freshly cut sweet peas, bacon sizzling, the sea breeze… I have a lot of favourites, hence the blog!
6: What’s the worst film you have ever seen?
Paha! My boyfriend has made me watch some belters but The Room has to take the biscuit. I rarely get through an entire film that I don’t like but he made me! Wanker!
7: What’s your second favourite animal?
Eek again! I’m really into foxes right now. They’re the new owl!
8: What was your best Halloween costume?
The one I never wore! I went to a charity shop to pick up a 1970s style white dress that I wouldn’t mind chucking a load of fake blood over to be Carrie about eight years ago. For reasons I’ve forgotten, I didn’t make it out that year. The dress lurked in the wardrobe for a couple of years until I wore it under angel wings for a Christmas work thing and then I donated it back to a charity shop.
9: What’s your dream job?
I want to make a living from my writing and be able to work primarily from home. I don’t mind if that’s through the blog, freelancing or launching a magazine with a friend – the particulars haven’t been ironed out yet. But hopefully all of the above!
10: What’s the best question you have ever been asked?
“Do you want to live together?” My boyfriend asked me after six months. We’ve been living together for two and a half years and it has been the best decision of my life. Awful, ain’t it!
Wow, some of those were toughies! Anyhoo, I also need to nominate ten other blogs! I’m not sure if they have under 200 followers but some of these are relatively new and I wanna give ’em a shout out. Check ’em out. I really do love these guys!
- Confessions of a Slummy Mummy
- More About Cat
- Love Chic Living
- Jump For Journalism
- Kimi and Me
- Truth and Cake
- The Cake Hunter
- The Curiosity Project
- Hello You
And as for the ten questions, I’ll ask a variation of my ‘in the spotlight‘ questions…
- Do you remember the initial moment when you decided you wanted to blog? What was your reasoning? (That counts as one question!)
- Where do you get your inspiration from?
- What do you hope to achieve in the next year, both personally and professionally?
- What is your ideal future?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is your favourite website?
- What is your favourite shop?
- What is your favourite place?
- What do you wish you were able to do better?
Thanks again! :)