I was the ultimate nerd last week and went to my first Air Day – and it was mainly to test out the new camera. I learned the following things:
1. Using sports mode to catch moving objects drains the shit out of your batteries
2. You should always wear suncream during a Cornish summer – even it looks kinda grey out
3. Don’t assume that you can sit on the floor during an air show to take photos, thinking everything will be in the air. People will do fly bys and there will always be someone in the way. Get the best view possible
4. Lamb and mint pasties are pretty good
5. Helicopters can do loopy tricks (that’s a technical term!) just as well as aeroplanes
Here are some of my fave snaps from the day
Considering I went with no expectations, I had a pretty epic day, minus the sunburn. I was sat in the evening with soaking wet tea towels on my arms. Oweee!