It’s been one of those semi-relaxing weeks where I’ve been able to read a good book, catch up on TV, bust out some blog posts and get some prep work in for Christmas – aces! Here’s what I’ve been loving this week.
1. Time to blog. Last Saturday Jenson didn’t nap; he was awake for almost 12 straight hours! When he finally went to sleep at 6.45pm, I tidied up, stuck my PJs on and was in bed within the hour. I spent over four straight hours blogging – and it was awesome! I scheduled posts for the next five days, which meant that I didn’t have to feel guilty about going straight to sleep on work nights. Winner!
2. The Walking Dead season premier. If you’ve seen it, it might seem odd to say it’s one of my favourite things from the last week, as it was hardly a pleasurable viewing experience! But that’s what makes it so awesome. Even though a really shitty Twitter account revealed the fate of the characters less than 24 hours after it aired in the States (no spoiler alert, just names and photos!), it was still incredibly shocking. I wonder what they’ll do with the rest of the season?! Sidebar: how fucking terrifying is Jeffrey Dean Morgan? I loved him in The Good Wife! Cracking actor.
3. My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece. Sometimes I get up a book which ends up sitting on the shelf for ages untouched. This was one of those books. I picked it up at work for World Book Night and immediately put it to one side. I was looking for something to read on the bus this week and decided to give it a go as I still can’t find my copy of Reasons to Stay Alive, which I really want to read. I was surprised by how quickly I got sucked into it – it nearly destroyed me on the way to work Tuesday morning! It’s narrated by a ten year old boy whose sister died in a terrorist attack five years ago. His family struggle to move on and the book tells the story of a little boy whose family is torn apart by something he can barely remember. Gripping stuff – and not entirely depressing!
4. Personality test. I’m a sucker for personality tests and quizzes. This one went around my department the other day and I was shocked at how accurate it was. It seems I have an INFJ personality, aka The Advocate: “They have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in… Remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too… Their passion, poor patience for routine maintenance, tendency to present themselves as an ideal, and extreme privacy tend to leave INFJs with few options for letting off steam. People with this personality type are likely to exhaust themselves in short order if they don’t find a way to balance their ideals with the realities of day-to-day living… One of the things INFJs find most important is establishing genuine, deep connections with the people they care about… INFJs seek out people who share their passions, interests and ideologies, people with whom they can explore philosophies and subjects that they believe are truly meaningful… People with the INFJ personality type are unflinching in their devotion to their children, willing to grin and bear any burden without hesitation… Often pursue expressive careers such as writing, elegant communicators that they are, and author many popular blogs, stories and screenplays.” Intrigued? Take the test
5. Preparing for Christmas. I’ve been researching items which I want to feature in my Christmas gift guides and I’m in early discussions with some great brands. Exciting!
How’s your week been? Anything fun planned for the weekend? We went to Paradise Park today (more on that next week) and Jenson has his first Halloween party tomorrow! Let the festivities commence!