I know we all say it every month but I really can’t believe it’s already August. And where’s the bleddy summer gone? I swear as soon as the kids break up from school the heavens open. Here’s a look at what we were up to last month, when the weather was much better!
1. My lovely friend and colleague left for pastures new but left behind something to remember her by. She’s a Minions obsessive and always had something fun to play with on her desk – and now I do too!
2. Back when the skies were blue instead of grey. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to take Jenson for a proper beach day before the end of the ‘summer’.
3. I picked up another copy of Flow, having fallen for an issue last year. It’s £9.99 but so worth it. I might subscribe.
4. I had the most perfect spa day with my mum and really recommend St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa.
5. I went to a private view of I Am Woman at The Summerhouse Gallery and was so inspired. It also properly introduced me to the work of Maya Angelou and is the reason why I’m currently making my through her autobiography series.
6. We spotted some Play-Doh! on offer in Argos and Jenson loves it. I’ve learned not to be anal about mixing colours but it does bother me when little bits get stepped into the carpet. Can anyone recommend an affordable but powerful handheld vacuum cleaner?
7. The long-awaited sixth issue of The Happy Newspaper is finally here and it certainly put a smile on my face.
8. The aforementioned Maya Angelou autobiography series – which the library ordered in for me and let me keep!!!
9. I went to The Cornish Barn for Happy Hour with one of my favourite ladies. I don’t think I’d been there for over a year, which is surprising given how local it is. Such a great place.
1. The product of Happy Hour – four glorious cocktails.
2. A lovely gift from a Queen 👑❤
3. Luke and I went on a tour at Polgoon – and it included tasters! I bought a few bottles of my favourite for upcoming birthdays.
4. Does any flower smell better than sweetpeas?
5. I love the thick chunks of white chocolate in this ice cream.
6. We treated ourselves to brunch at Duke Street Cafe.
7. Another gorgeous review copy from Abrams and Chronicle. Review coming next week.
8. Blogger/Instagram spam
9. Sometimes you’ve just got to suck up the shitty Cornish weather and play in the rain.
I’ve got two weeks of annual leave this month so hopefully the weather will change for the better and we can do some exploring as a family. I’m hard to please though as I don’t like to have Jenson out all day when it’s baking hot. Do any other parents get paranoid about sunstroke?