This week has been pretty epic – we’ve had a rare date night, I’ve had a further night out with my bestie and a family day out with my boys, plus I’ve squeezed in some ‘me time’ to update the ol’ bujo and massively built my blogging confidence. Intrigued? Read on – or just scroll through the piccies!
1. Date night. We sampled the new summer menu at our local – all in aid of a review post for this here blog. Life is good! Check out this beast of a dessert!
2. Family day out. We went to the Seal Sanctuary in Gweek – the first time I’ve been in over a decade. Man, that makes me feel old! I think it’ll be fun to go back when Jenson’s a bit older so that we can go on more of the walks but he seemed to enjoy being held up to the glass and nosing at the sea lions and penguins. Hopefully we can pop to Newquay Aquarium later this month.
3. A night of culture. I went to Penlee Park Open Air Theatre to see Ilyria’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I managed to blag a couple of free tickets for review purposes (post will go live next week) and took my bestie along. It was a bit damp but we had a laugh. And yes, that’s a rare recent photo of me below.
4. Bujo love. I’ve found it surprisingly calming to set up and colour in the pages of my bullet journal. So much so that I’m even thinking about having a crack at one of those colouring books for grown ups. Thinking about it… Maybe the reason why I like the colouring for my bujo is because it’s for something productive rather than the simple act of colouring in a picture. We’ll see… FYI, these next two photos make me sad because I just had to take them in unnatural light to finish this post. Boo. #bloggerproblems
5. Blogging confidence. You may have noticed that this week I posted a sponsored post (The Mexico Inn) and I have one planned for next week (A Midsummer Night’s Dream). I also have another two planned for the next couple of weeks. I’m really gaining in confidence when it comes to approaching brands/venues for review posts and my stats are continuing to grow each month. It’s all good in the hood!
I hope this week has been kind to you and you’re not sat at your desk this hot Friday evening, feeling extra toasty with sunburn. Just me? Oops! Have a lovely weekend!