OK, so I may be starting this post in the wee hours of Saturday morning but I haven’t been to sleep yet, so it’s still technically Friday! It’s been another week of late nights for Jenson, which means one exhausted mumma and little time for blogging. Especially when there’s housework to be done and Christmas presents to be wrapped. At least I have three more working days and then I’m off for the best part of two weeks. As for this week, it’s been one packed with epic reading material and tasty meals out.
1. Family meals. It was my aunt’s birthday last week and we had family down to help celebrate, which means lots of eating out. I was treated to a meal at Blacks last Friday and lunch at The Old Lifeboat House on Sunday. I opted for pie and veg (and pavlova!) instead of the traditional roast and it was incredible, highly recommended. We’ll be going back!
2. Blogosphere. I bleddy love this magazine; it gets bigger and better with every issue. I have to admit, I’ve not been a follower of anyone they’ve put on the cover but I’m always interested to read about how they got to where they are and the other features are always super-helpful. I’ve got a few ideas I’ve been meaning to pitch to them – something to add to my 2017 goals list!
3. The Happy Newspaper. I finally read my first copy and it really is a beaut. Founder Emily Coxhead is nothing short of incredible (I’ve shared some of her other work on here before) and it’s such a brilliant idea. We definitely need to see more good news stories.
4. Alias. Luke got me the first volume for my birthday and I whizzed through it on the bus on Wednesday. The Jessica Jones Netflix series starts out differently but it’s interesting to see the build up. And it’s always great to see such strong female characters.
5. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. I started watching Gilmore Girls back in July and finally finished it this week before powering through A Year in the Life. Obviously I didn’t have a ten year wait like most fans so it was quite a jump from the end of season seven – some actors have aged more than others; Kelly Bishop looks freakin’ fantastic! When I started watching it back in the summer it took me a few episodes to get into it. I wasn’t used to teen dramas being so ‘nice’ and innocent but that ended up being the thing I loved most about the show. It was something really nice to watch at the end of the day and I quickly became emotionally invested. And, even though I started watching the show because I missed Matt Czuchry when The Good Wife ended, I quickly became Team Jess, with Logan coming a close second. I hope they bring it back again cos I need Rory to have a happy ending! Although, with it coming full circle, I guess it’s implied.
We’ve got a rather festive weekend planned before I finish up at work – we’re seeing real reindeer tomorrow and off to a Christmas party on Sunday. I’m going be taking a few days off from the blog over Christmas so that I can spend some time with the boys without feeling like I need to rush off and write (the pressure we bloggers put on ourselves!), so next week’s Friday Favourites will be my last pre-Christmas post. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!