I’m sitting down to write this post at 9.30pm on Thursday* and it’s the first time I’ve lifted the lid on my laptop all week (thank you, scheduled posts!) and, as of two hours ago, this is the first bit of time I’ve had to myself this week. Jenson has had a cold and hasn’t been able to settle in his own bed so I’ve been falling asleep with him in ours. Tonight he was in bed asleep by 7.30pm and this is when the magic happens (blog magic! Get your mind out of the gutter!). Here’s what I’ve been loving this week.
1. All of the magazines. After reading five books in as many weeks for various blog tours, I decided to take a break with some magazines this week. It’s not often that I decide to treat myself to one without feeling guilty (you can get a new paperback for the price of a magazine these days!) and I actually splashed out on a few. I’ve found some great new titles too and I’ll be talking about them in a future post.
2. Funny ladies. Can you remember what life was like before Netflix? Sometimes it takes a while to settle Jenson for bed and I need to watch something that isn’t loud and violent and not too sweary. I’ve watched all three of Iliza Shlesinger’s shows and love her! Some of her ‘comedy’ noises grate on me a bit but the content is so spot on. I wonder if she has a book… I’ve also started watching Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 – another show I didn’t catch first round. I love Krysten Ritter (she’s great as Jessica Jones but I’ve loved her since her early comedy days) and it’s such a great ensemble cast. When I’m done with that I’m finally gonna catch Garfunkel and Oates’ show.
3. Blogging opportunities. I’ve got a fun review post coming up in a week or two which I get to collaborate on with Jenson! Check out these goodies!
4. Getting ahead. Jenson not napping last night meant he was in bed at a good hour – and I was awake enough to crack on with my own thang. I took so many photos to prep for future posts, including a look at some awesome mags (see #1 in this post), the aforementioned review and my upcoming readers survey and giveaway. Keep your peepers pealed!
5. Afternoon tea. It’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow and I treated her to afternoon tea today. I picked up a bargain voucher in the Black Friday sales and we headed over to St Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa today. I think it’ll get a full review post next week cos it was so yummy!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I’m off to catch up with a friend at soft play. Any other parents find that they can’t actually hold a conversation with their mum friends while their kids are playing?!
* I had to finish it Friday evening so that I had a sexy afternoon tea photo. And then spent over an hour freeing up space on my WordPress account so I could actually add the photos. Sigh.