30 years. I’ve been on this planet for 30 years (give or take a few days). And I’ve learned a few things in those three decades. Let me drop some knowledge on your asses (see how I’m still down with the kids?).
1. Kindness is underrated
2. You can never have too many books (but you can have not enough bookcases!)
3. Don’t stress over your grades
4. A good night’s sleep can fix a lot of problems
5. There’s no point worrying about things you can’t change
6. Mocktails taste just as good as cocktails – without the hangover!
7. It’s good to have a signature dish up your sleeve for emergencies
8. Put the kettle on before you eat biscuits or cake – you’ll inevitably need a brew immediately after
9. Going out for a walk can do wonders for your mood
10. You’re never too old for young adult books
11. Sweet and salty is the ultimate popcorn combo
12. Embrace what makes you different to everyone else. We’re all unique little snowflakes
13. Everyone has a story to tell
15. Life’s too short to do the dishes. If you’ve got the space, get a dishwasher!
16. Do more of what makes you happy
17. Moving house is a bitch
18. Things worth investing in: a warm coat and waterproof boots for the winter
19. Put your phone down and be in the moment. You don’t need to photograph everything
20. Hard work pays off – even if sometimes it can take a while to see the reward
21. Eating healthily doesn’t have to be boring
23. You can meet amazing people online who have the power to change your life
24. We all have a finite number of fucks to give. Use them wisely
25. When it comes to confidence, sometimes you’ve gotta fake it til you make it
26. Erasable pens are the best!
27. Find your own girl gang – we all need our tribe
28. Self-care is essential
29. I can handle anything life throws at me
30. Getting older does not have to mean growing up
What are the key life lessons you’ve learned along the way?