It’s been a helluva week, right? What with Brexit, a sick day, a damp Mazey Weekend, teething baby and no more Game of Thrones for the best part of a year. But this is sooo not a moany post – this is where I remind myself to focus on the awesome little things. So, with that, I give you my favourites from the last week.
1. Updating my bullet journal. I knew when I set mine up that I’d be frustrated with not being able to dedicate a lot of time to it and still haven’t finished setting up my July pages… but just being able to take some time to sit with some pretty pens and tape is enough to encourage me to take some time out and empty my mind for a little bit. And finding some old glitter gel pens helped!
2. I finally updated Jenson’s birthday scrapbook! His family and friends wrote some lovely messages in his scrapbook on his birthday and I spent some time sticking in some of my favourite photos from the day.
3. This week I really appreciated how awesome my day job is. We had our annual team day and made (and ate!) our own Cornish pasties – washed down with some very fruity Pimms plus a cream tea for dessert. You can’t ask for better than that! And it’s not just about the fun away days. I have the pleasure of working on a new magazine and it’s super-exciting. I’ve surprised myself with how much I’ve loved work since coming back.
4. Oh my god how awesome was the Game of Thrones season finale? Power to the women! And Tyrion – bloody love his growing relationship with Dany. Imma keep this spoiler free for any of you who are still behind – go watch it now!
5. As much as some of us try to deny it, we bloggers love looking at our stats. Thanks to my Paperchase collaboration at the start of June, I had my highest page views per day, my new most popular post and my highest monthly views since I shared my birth story – and my highest number of visitors as more stationery addicts have had a peek at my blogger’s journal. I wonder if I can keep that up for July…
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! I’m off out for my second mums’ night out since Jenson was born! I imagine a photo will make it into this post next week. There will be cocktails!