Let’s be honest, with my surgery scheduled for this afternoon (note: I developed a cold over the weekend so it might not happen. Again), the rest of this month is a write-off, so I’ve scheduled my monthly update early. Fortunately the first 25 days of the month were filled with plenty to smile about.
1. I signed up for a book swap and read How to Stop Time by Matt Haig. Turns out everyone’s talking about it for a reason. Check out my review post here.
2. Unicorn goodies from Dom <3
3. Took Mum to The Front Room for a birthday brunch. It’s one of my favourite places to eat out in Penzance because they’re super-child friendly, Jenson loves it and the staff are so lovely.
4. I actually bought new clothes! OK, my mum treated me, but still. I’d been eyeing up this t-shirt for a while and managed to bag it in the sales.
5. I’d never tried liquid chocolate before but spotted this cutie in Iceland. Now I wouldn’t use anything else for my hot chocolates.
6. Tasty treat from my mum. I don’t recommend eating it all in one go…
7. Gorgeous watercolour stationery from Abrams + Chronicle. Full review post with more pretty pictures here.
8. I spotted this copy of Goodnight Mr Tom in a charity shop window and had to have it, especially when I found out it was only £2!
9. I reviewed a copy of Teen Breathe’s List Journal – perfect for people who want to bujo but don’t want to set up their own spreads.
1 & 2. I’ve been sent so many awesome ARCs this month, including Bygone Badass Broads (out tomorrow) and Herstory (out Thursday). Check back later this week for my reviews.
3. Speaking of books, Fable & Black is a great site for bookworms. I won a Lucky Dip Box in a Twitter giveaway and loved my goodies. You can find out more in my review post here.
4. We were invited to Land’s End to review the new Aardman attraction – perfect for nerds of all ages.
5. It took me 20 years but I finally started reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Figured I’d better get started with The Chamber of Secrets soon to be released in all its Hufflepuff glory. Yes, I’m a Hufflepuff – I checked twice.
6. If you’re still looking for a Mother’s Day gift, the new One Line a Day memory book is pretty stunning.
7. This bath bomb was almost too cute to use. Almost.
8. Sassy socks from New Look.
9. Looks like Spring might actually be on the way.
The weather seems to be taking a turn for the better, so bring on March!