This week has very much been about appreciating the little things. With the weather too cold and meh to go out and do anything fun, we’ve spent a lot of time watching (and re-watching) Frozen. Here’s this week’s highlights.
1. Jenson being cute AF. I know I think he’s super cute 99.9% of the time but last weekend he seriously kicked it up a notch by grabbing my hand to hold and walking around the living room with me before sitting down to build towers together. CUTE! And he’s carried on doing it too which is really lovely. He kicked the affectionate level up earlier today by sharing his water with Dory and cuddling me when he saw two other people cuddling. N’aww!
2. Dinner with Dad. Most of my family were in Derbyshire last weekend celebrating my uncle’s 60th and my dad took me and Jenson out for a roast. Bleddy lovely it was too!
3. Feminist feels. I’ve always considered myself a feminist but reading Holly Bourne’s Spinster Trilogy has taken it to another level. Those books are so bleddy inspiring! I wish they were around 15 years ago (man, that makes me feel old!). I’m going to read And A Happy New Year next week and I really hope that’s not the last we’ll see of Lottie, Amber and Evie.
4. Coffee and cake. I had a much-needed catch up with my fab mummy friends after taking the kiddiwinks swimming yesterday. It’s the first time we’ve been able to sit and have a proper conversation in weeks and it was awesome. Plus the lemon curd cake from Duke Street Cafe is amazing!
5. Morrisons baby event. I bleddy love baby events and we always use them to stock up. I spent £40 there earlier but that’ll keep us in baby food, wipes and nappies for a good month. Bad mum alert: most of Jenson’s evening meals are pre-prepared from supermarkets. He loves them though and it’s easier when I get back from work late or we’re feeling lazy with our meal and have pizza.
I hope you’ve all had a lovely week – anyone have snow yet? Tomorrow I’m off for a catch up with the bestie before braving the cold and supporting my idiotic brother while he plays rugby. Last time I watched his teammate literally shattered his leg. Fun!